When you’re out camping, some of the best solutions are also the most simple because you aren’t equipped with many things. Here are some brilliant ideas using simple household items that are worth a try on your next trip:
1. A reliable way to store toilet paper is in a recycled coffee can.
2. Add 1 part tea tree oil and 2 parts water in a spray bottle to help prevent ticks.
3. You can illuminate your entire tent by strapping a headlamp onto a gallon jug filled with water.
4. Add some sage in your campfire to not only ward off mosquitoes, but also make your entire site smell lovely.
5. If you do happen to get bit by a bug and are scratching like crazy, deodorant may ease the itchiness. Orajel or any toothache gel should also help.
6. Baking soda is so versatile! You can use it to brush your teeth, sooth an upset stomach or minor burn, and reduce odor (like deodorant does).
7. If you have a bag of Doritos or any kind of corn chips to snack on, use them for kindling.