Nothing will reconnect you with nature like going camping. That said, there are many ways you can make life easier outdoors with items you probably already have around the house.
1. Keep bugs out of your drinks using Glad Press ‘n Seal and a straw.
2. Stuff ice cream cones full of s’mores ingredients, wrap them in tin foil, and bake them over the fire.
3. Keep your shoes organized (and from tracking in dirt) with a dollar store basket.
4. Use a bungee cord to hold your paper towels.
5. Wash out an emptied laundry detergent container and use it as a hand washing machine.
6. Store plastic utensils in emptied coffee (or other food) containers.
7. Use plastic straws to hold single servings. Fill a straw full of your favorite seasonings (or sauces) and seal the end with heat. We like to use a lighter over the end and carefully pinch it shut. Fill several straws in an emptied Altoids tin for easy storage.
8. Don’t throw your juice containers away after they’re empty! Wash them out, stuff the containers full of bags, and cut a small opening at the bottom. Then poke a hole through the lid and thread some string through the perforation so the container can easily be hung up.
9. Bring travel-size amounts of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc in old pill bottles.
10. To waterproof and crush-proof your matches, store them in an empty Tic Tac container and glue the strike surface on the back.
Do you know of any great camping tips? We’d love to hear them!