Recently we were introduced to the before and after effects of the Giani Granite Paint Kit first hand on RV Countertops. We were given a tour of a friends old travel trailer. Given the age of the RV, we were prepared to find grimy old laminate RV countertops. To my absolute suprise it looked as if he had spent some major dollars renovating his RV Kitchen. After messing with me briefly, our friends came clean and showed off thier secret on howthey were able to redo the RV countertops for just under $80.
I couldn’t believe that something with results like that could be so cost effective. It easily hides any existing stains, scratches or burns. It also comes with an auto-grade olyurethane topcoat which is what makes the results so stunning. Have a look at the pictures of the before and after below and see for yourself.
If your like me then you are probably interested to see what kind of process this is to refurbish your counter tops. The people over at Giani Granite have provided two videos for your view pleasure. The first is a 2 minute “Here is what your getting into replacing your RV Countertops” Video and the second is a much more detailed version with step by step instructions that’s over 15 Minutes long.
The 2 Minute “Here is what your getting into replacing your RV Countertops” Video
The 15 Minute Detailed Step by Step Guide for Refurbishing your RV Countertops
I personally think this is ideal for anyone that wants to spruce up the interior of their RV but doesn’t want to break the bank in order to do it. Below you can find the links to where to purchase the Giani Granite Paint Kit for RV Countertops which come in 5 different color variations.
Visit the Manufactuer’s Website: http://www.gianigranite.com/indexcountertoppaint.html
3 Step Process RV Countertops Refurbishment
- Prime the countertop using the roller and primer provided.
- Apply the mineral colors with a sponge in the order that they are numbered.
- Roll on two coats the automotive grade clear coat provided in the kit.
Great for upgrading Formica®, laminate, Corian, ceramic tile, butcher block, cultured marble and traditional granite countertops and vanities. Covers 35 square feet or 16 running feet of standard 24″ wide counters. Quick, fun and easy ‘paint-by-number’ process for beginning painters
- Project time – 4 hours of painting and 16 hours of drying
- Water-based safe and low odor
- Hides any existing stains, scratches or burns
- Granite color is adjustable to your decor and uses durable automotive-grade clear topcoat
Each Kit Includes The Following:
- 12 Oz. of IronCore Primer / Base Coat
- 6 Oz. of 1st Mineral Color (color varies depending on kit purchased)
- 6 Oz. of 2nd Mineral Color
- 6 Oz. of 3rd Mineral Color
- 16 Oz. of Automotive Clear Topcoat
- 6″ Giani roller frame and 2 roller covers
- 4″ Giani granite paint sponge
- 2″ Foam Brush
- Black Practice Poster Board
- ‘Paint-by-Number’ DVD for beginners
- Illustrated Instructions
Did you know?
- That all of the products you need to do this project are included in the kit.
- Giani Granite paint is easier than granite to keep clean. Traditional granite is porous and can absorb food and liquid. Giani’s clear topcoat locks out moisture to keep your counters looking cleaner, longer.
- You can use this product on more than just counters. Try it on bathroom vanities, cabinets, ceramic tile, clay flower pots, pillars, brick, picture frames and many other projects.
- The topcoat is an exterior, automotive grade clear. That means you can also use this for exterior projects such as furniture, bird houses, etc.
- You can vary the color of any of the kits. Apply more or less of any colors in the kits to get a different look. You can also purchase additional sponging colors to create your own look.