We all love to hit the road for some adventure, but in many cases we don’t choose to use our RV full-time.
It’s a sad thought, but a lot of RVs have to spend some time in storage.
Storing an RV presents all sorts of problems.
One way to protect your RV from falling branches, dusty air, bad weather, and the sun is to build a shelter for it.
Bounderfull on YouTube made a great video explaining the steps he took in creating an outdoor shelter for his 32 foot Bounder motorhome.
Some quick facts on the build:
- dedicated a flat part of his yard for a 38 foot long by 15 foot wide gravel pad
- hired a small excavator to dig out topsoil
- laid down sand, some filter fabric used in road construction, and gravel
- compacted the gravel himself
- had workers install 36 foot long by 14 foot wide by 12 foot tall carport
- carport is made from 12 gauge structural tubing
- snow load 55 pounds per square foot
- can withstand wind gusts up to 90 MPH
Check out the video below to see how he did it.
Try the RV LIFE Pro Bundle FREE for 7 days
Love RVing? You'll Love RV LIFE Pro
It’s the wanderlust, the freedom of the open road. It’s not the destination, but the journey. It’s exploring the world. You don’t need a house because when you travel, you’re home. That’s RV LIFE.
The problem is, planning epic RV journey is somewhat complex. At RV LIFE, we believe it should be simple. As RVers ourselves, we understand the process and have helped millions of RVers journey with confidence and make their travel dreams come true.
RV Trip Wizard helps you plan the perfect trip and our RV GPS app turns your phone into an RV Safe GPS to get you there safely. Have a question about ANYTHING related to RVing, join the conversation at any of our awesome RV forum communities.
Step 1: Click here to learn more and sign up for the free trial.
Step 2: Plan your dream RV trip.
Step 3: Enjoy unforgettable memories!