Nothing will reconnect you with nature like going camping. That said, there are many ways you can make life easier outdoors with items you probably already have around the house.
1. Keep bugs out of your drinks using Glad Press ‘n Seal and a straw.
2. Stuff ice cream cones full of s’mores ingredients, wrap them in tin foil, and bake them over the fire.
3. Keep your shoes organized (and from tracking in dirt) with a dollar store basket.
4. Use a bungee cord to hold your paper towels.
5. Wash out an emptied laundry detergent container and use it as a handwashing machine.
6. Store plastic utensils in emptied coffee (or other food) containers.
7. Use plastic straws to hold single servings. Fill a straw full of your favorite seasonings (or sauces) and seal the end with heat. We like to use a lighter over the end and carefully pinch it shut. Fill several straws in an emptied Altoids tin for easy storage.
8. Don’t throw your juice containers away after they’re empty! Wash them out, stuff the containers full of bags, and cut a small opening at the bottom. Then poke a hole through the lid and thread some string through the perforation so the container can be easily hung up.
9. Bring travel-size amounts of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc in old pill bottles.
10. To waterproof and crush-proof your matches, store them in an empty Tic Tac container and glue the strike surface on the back.
Do you know of any great camping tips? We’d love to hear them!
If you liked these hacks, also check out these 10 Food And Drink Containers You Can Upcycle For Camping
Try the RV LIFE Pro Bundle FREE for 7 days
Love RVing? You'll Love RV LIFE Pro
It’s the wanderlust, the freedom of the open road. It’s not the destination, but the journey. It’s exploring the world. You don’t need a house because when you travel, you’re home. That’s RV LIFE.
The problem is, planning epic RV journey is somewhat complex. At RV LIFE, we believe it should be simple. As RVers ourselves, we understand the process and have helped millions of RVers journey with confidence and make their travel dreams come true.
RV Trip Wizard helps you plan the perfect trip and our RV GPS app turns your phone into an RV Safe GPS to get you there safely. Have a question about ANYTHING related to RVing, join the conversation at any of our awesome RV forum communities.
Step 1: Click here to learn more and sign up for the free trial.
Step 2: Plan your dream RV trip.
Step 3: Enjoy unforgettable memories!