Photos are almost completely digital these days, but having a hard, glossy copy of them is important too. If your computer or phone crashed, or if Facebook and Instagram were randomly taken down one day, how many pictures would you not have saved anymore?
Instead of burying them in old shoeboxes in the back of your closet, try printing out some of your favorite captured memories and keep them displayed around your RV in any of these creative ways.
1. Glue some twine in the back of a picture frame, and use clothespins to hang rows of photos.
2. Overlay a map of where you traveled in a picture frame, with a photo from the trip centered in front.
It really adds that nice personal touch. Find the full DIY directions on Hello Iddy.
3. Turn some of your favorite photos into mini pendants to hang on necklaces or charm bracelets.
They make for the perfect, handmade gift. Get the directions here.
4. Mod Podge copies of your photos onto tiles to make a set of personalized drink coasters.
Every time you set down your drink you’ll be reminded of the good times. Read the full tutorial on Cardstore’s blog.
5. Keep photos and other small items from your trip in decorated travel boxes.
Find the full instructions on Melissa Ting’s blog here.
6. Craft your photos and other keepsakes into a scrapbook.
Use photos, keepsakes like tickets, postcards, and notes, along with crafty paper and other embellishments like stickers to make a book of your travels. Head over to your nearest craft stores like Jo-Ann, Michael’s, and Blick’s to find the widest selection of scrapbooking supplies.
7. Buy (or make your own) corkboard shaped like the U.S., and stick photos to it in the states you took them.
8. Print them as photo magnets to put on your fridge.
9. Display your photos by connecting them to a handmade tree branch photo hanger.
La Villa California shows how to make your own here. You’ll need some twine, a long branch, small binder clips, a hammer & nail, super glue, and a stack of photos you’d like to hang up.
10. Print your whole album as one huge poster.
These giant posters by Social Print Studios can display anywhere between 50-200 of your travel photos in a minimalist design. Printed on high-quality photo paper, the posters can even come in a beautiful black wooden frame.
You can have photos printed from your desktop or from your Instagram account. The posters are available on their website here.