This post may contain affiliate links or mention our own products, please check out our disclosure policy.

Free National Parks Pass For US Military And Their Dependents

Get a Military National Parks PassAre you a US military member?

If so, did you know that can claim a free annual pass to visit any of the federally operated recreation sites across the United States?

That’s right, all US military members and dependents of deployed service members can claim the pass.

The catch? Well, you have to obtain the pass in person at a Federal recreation site that charges an entrance fee, so that might entail some driving if you don’t happen to live close to a Federal recreation area.

You can call 1-888-ASK-USGS and press 3. (888-275-8747, option 3) or email fedrecpass (at) to determine which park is closest to you.

Normally this annual pass costs the public $80, so it could be a good deal if you like to do a lot of camping and you’re in the military.

Learn more through the US Geological Survey website at the link below…

USGS: Overview of the Annual Pass for US Military and Their Dependents

Related Posts


Sign up for the newsletter today!