If you’ve got ratty looking decals on your rig, you may have thought about replacing them – or removing them for good. RV Four Seasons made an instructional video showing you how they remove the gooey adhesive that’s sometimes left over after peeling off the decal.
What you’ll need:
- Adhesive remover: 3M General Purpose Adhesive Remover, Goof Off or a similar product.
- Gloves: to protect your hands from the adhesive remover as well as the old adhesive (messy stuff)
- Stiff Straight Edge: razor blade or old coupon (credit) card
- Clean up materials: paper towels or a rag will work fine
Steps to remove the adhesive:
- Put on gloves
- Fold paper towel into quarters
- Soak paper towel with adhesive remover
- Wet a large area of adhesive (maybe a foot square)
- Take edge of card and gently scrape off the old adhesive
- Once adhesive and decal residue is completely gone, follow up with a glass cleaner to prepare surface for the new decal – or just leave it bare!
- Don’t work in direct sunlight: the exterior of the RV can be very bright and the sun’s heat will cause the adhesive to turn into a gooey mess
Depending on your preferences, you may not want to replace the decals at all. Once you scrape off the glue and decal scraps, you might like the look of your new, clean rig.
Try the RV LIFE Pro Bundle FREE for 7 days