If you’ve got ratty looking decals on your rig, you may have thought about replacing them – or removing them for good. RV Four Seasons made an instructional video showing you how they remove the gooey adhesive that’s sometimes left over after peeling off the decal.
What you’ll need:
- Adhesive remover: 3M General Purpose Adhesive Remover, Goof Off or a similar product.
- Gloves: to protect your hands from the adhesive remover as well as the old adhesive (messy stuff)
- Stiff Straight Edge: razor blade or old coupon (credit) card
- Clean up materials: paper towels or a rag will work fine
Steps to remove the adhesive:
- Put on gloves
- Fold paper towel into quarters
- Soak paper towel with adhesive remover
- Wet a large area of adhesive (maybe a foot square)
- Take edge of card and gently scrape off the old adhesive
- Once adhesive and decal residue is completely gone, follow up with a glass cleaner to prepare surface for the new decal – or just leave it bare!
- Don’t work in direct sunlight: the exterior of the RV can be very bright and the sun’s heat will cause the adhesive to turn into a gooey mess
Depending on your preferences, you may not want to replace the decals at all. Once you scrape off the glue and decal scraps, you might like the look of your new, clean rig.
Try the RV LIFE Pro Bundle FREE for 7 days
Love RVing? You'll Love RV LIFE Pro
It’s the wanderlust, the freedom of the open road. It’s not the destination, but the journey. It’s exploring the world. You don’t need a house because when you travel, you’re home. That’s RV LIFE.
The problem is, planning epic RV journey is somewhat complex. At RV LIFE, we believe it should be simple. As RVers ourselves, we understand the process and have helped millions of RVers journey with confidence and make their travel dreams come true.
RV Trip Wizard helps you plan the perfect trip and our RV GPS app turns your phone into an RV Safe GPS to get you there safely. Have a question about ANYTHING related to RVing, join the conversation at any of our awesome RV forum communities.
Step 1: Click here to learn more and sign up for the free trial.
Step 2: Plan your dream RV trip.
Step 3: Enjoy unforgettable memories!