Making homemade ice cream is delicious and rewarding but it’s not always easy to do in the limited space of an RV. What’s great about this recipe is that it’s super easy to make while you’re on the road, it’s fun for kids, and it only takes about 5-10 minutes.
What you’ll need:
- ½ cup whole milk (or almond milk)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional ice cream mix-ins (like caramel or candies)
- Ice cubes
- ½ cup Morton Salt for Ice Cream
- Ziploc bags (one pint-size, one gallon-size)
How to make it:
1. In a small bowl, combine the milk, cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and other mix-ins.
Stir the ingredients until they’re well combined.
2. Next, prepare the ice bag.
Fill up the gallon-size bag with ice until it’s about half-way full. Sprinkle Morton Ice Cream Rock Salt over the cubes thoroughly.
3. Add the mixed ingredients into your small pint-size bag, seal it closed, and place it inside the larger bag filled with ice & salt.
If the bag starts leaking, you can double bag it to reduce the mess.
4. Shake it for about 5-10 minutes.
5. Serve it in a bowl (or enjoy it straight from the bag).
Add toppings like fresh fruit or chocolate syrup and your ice cream will be all ready. Serve it in a bowl if you’d like, or grab a spoon and enjoy it straight from the bag.
You may also like: How To Make Your Own Kombucha
Try the RV LIFE Pro Bundle FREE for 7 days