Making homemade ice cream is delicious and rewarding but it’s not always easy to do in the limited space of an RV. What’s great about this recipe is that it’s super easy to make while you’re on the road, it’s fun for kids, and it only takes about 5-10 minutes.
What you’ll need:
- ½ cup whole milk (or almond milk)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional ice cream mix-ins (like caramel or candies)
- Ice cubes
- ½ cup Morton Salt for Ice Cream
- Ziploc bags (one pint-size, one gallon-size)
How to make it:
1. In a small bowl, combine the milk, cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and other mix-ins.
Stir the ingredients until they’re well combined.
2. Next, prepare the ice bag.
Fill up the gallon-size bag with ice until it’s about half-way full. Sprinkle Morton Ice Cream Rock Salt over the cubes thoroughly.
3. Add the mixed ingredients into your small pint-size bag, seal it closed, and place it inside the larger bag filled with ice & salt.
If the bag starts leaking, you can double bag it to reduce the mess.
4. Shake it for about 5-10 minutes.
5. Serve it in a bowl (or enjoy it straight from the bag).
Add toppings like fresh fruit or chocolate syrup and your ice cream will be all ready. Serve it in a bowl if you’d like, or grab a spoon and enjoy it straight from the bag.
You may also like: How To Make Your Own Kombucha
Try the RV LIFE Pro Bundle FREE for 7 days
Love RVing? You'll Love RV LIFE Pro
It’s the wanderlust, the freedom of the open road. It’s not the destination, but the journey. It’s exploring the world. You don’t need a house because when you travel, you’re home. That’s RV LIFE.
The problem is, planning epic RV journey is somewhat complex. At RV LIFE, we believe it should be simple. As RVers ourselves, we understand the process and have helped millions of RVers journey with confidence and make their travel dreams come true.
RV Trip Wizard helps you plan the perfect trip and our RV GPS app turns your phone into an RV Safe GPS to get you there safely. Have a question about ANYTHING related to RVing, join the conversation at any of our awesome RV forum communities.
Step 1: Click here to learn more and sign up for the free trial.
Step 2: Plan your dream RV trip.
Step 3: Enjoy unforgettable memories!