Most people who enjoy Do-it-yourself projects at times will find themselves working on a project that can be bettered by a ready made alternative but press on because there is something gratifying about creating something from scratch. This DIY RV TV antenna idea is definitely one of those projects. For $20 you can find a much better alternative at your local WalMart or for twice that you can build one of these custom RV TV antennas. But, like me there are some of you out there that will reply with a resounding yes! So read on for the details.
Tools Needed for this Custom DIY RV TV Antenna
Parts Needed for the Custom DIY RV TV Antenna:
- Matching Transformer
- 1 Aluminum Can
- RV TV Antenna Mount (Piece of Wood or something comparable)
- Coax Cable
As you can see from the photos this DIY RV TV antenna is straight forward.
- The soda can needs to be cut in half with the shears, then mounted to the wood mount using the staple gun.
- Then you need to attach two lead wires (any scrap speaker or electronics wire should work) from the cans to the transformer.
- Then attach the transformer to the wood followed by attaching your coax cable to the transformer then to the back of your TV.
- Run a scan for channels and voila, new DIY RV TV antenna!
To think that one bag of household trash can contain a large portion of the components for building a RV TV antenna is amazing. If your interested please visit the link below for full instructions and additional photos.
Try the RV LIFE Pro Bundle FREE for 7 days
Love RVing? You'll Love RV LIFE Pro
It’s the wanderlust, the freedom of the open road. It’s not the destination, but the journey. It’s exploring the world. You don’t need a house because when you travel, you’re home. That’s RV LIFE.
The problem is, planning epic RV journey is somewhat complex. At RV LIFE, we believe it should be simple. As RVers ourselves, we understand the process and have helped millions of RVers journey with confidence and make their travel dreams come true.
RV Trip Wizard helps you plan the perfect trip and our RV GPS app turns your phone into an RV Safe GPS to get you there safely. Have a question about ANYTHING related to RVing, join the conversation at any of our awesome RV forum communities.
Step 1: Click here to learn more and sign up for the free trial.
Step 2: Plan your dream RV trip.
Step 3: Enjoy unforgettable memories!