Clean and Organize Cabinets
Other areas of the kitchen that accumulate dirt and dust at an alarming rate are the inside of cabinets, drawers and the food pantry. They also tend to get messy and disorganized.
The best way to both clean and organize your cabinets is to remove everything, give them a good wipe down and replace everything in a more organized fashion.
Consider using clear plastic containers to store loose food items like rice, crackers, flour, beans, and cereal.
Self-sticking shelf paper is a great way to spruce up old or dirty cabinets and drawers. It also creates a smoother surface that is easier to clean.
Deep Clean the Stove
I finish up my kitchen cleaning with the stove. My RV has a propane range with three burners and an oven. It gets a lot of use – most days I use it to make three meals a day.
So it gets dirty and it needs to be cleaned often. Normally I just spray the top with my Seventh Generation Powerful Cleaner, wipe it down and call it a day. But for my RV spring cleaning I wanted to go deeper.
- Remove the knobs and soak them in a bowl filled with warm soapy water.
- Remove the grates and wash with soapy water. Spray with a a degreaser if needed.
- Give the stove top a good scrubbing. Use powerful cleaner spray and a mixture of baking soda and water for stubborn areas.
- Remember that RV ovens do NOT have a self cleaning function.
- Clean or sweep up any crumbs from inside the oven.
- Pull out the racks and wash in hot, soapy water.
- Spray a microfiber cloth with Powerful Cleaner and wipe down the inside of the oven.
- For tough stains, make a paste out of baking soda and water and scrub the inside of the oven. Clean off really well with wet rag.
Clean the Floor
The final step of my RV spring cleaning is the floor. I always save this part for last. If you have carpet in your RV this would be a good time to steam clean it.
- Vacuum the floor and under all furniture.
- Lift up the mattress and vacuum under and around.
- Use the vacuum crevice tool to get in all the small spaces and tight corners.
- If you have tile, wood or laminate mop the floor until shiny.
RV Spring Cleaning Success!
Congratulations! Your RV is now spick and span and ready for adventure. Oh…except you still need to clean the outside. I say save that for another day! 🙂