Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Even when you’re out on an RVing or camping trip, you’ll want to enjoy a great meal after waking up.
Eggs, cheese, and simple ingredients wrapped in a tortilla can make for a wonderful meal at home, but they’re even more glorious to smell in the morning when you’re outdoors.
Check out this simple recipe you can use to make scrumptious breakfast burritos over the campfire on your next trip:
Campfire Breakfast Burritos Recipe
Ingredients to bring in your cooler:
- Hash browns
- Sliced cheese
- Crumbled sausage
- Bacon bits
- Pre-sliced mushrooms
- Hot sauce
How to make your breakfast burritos:
1. Cook the eggs, hash browns, and optional sausage. This can be done with aluminum foil and a coat hanger, as seen in this short clip.
2. Lay out the tortillas on a counter, table or flat surface. Evenly place the eggs, hash browns and other ingredients on each tortilla down the middle. Break up the slices of cheese in half, and lay them side by side to melt over the top.
3. Roll up the burritos tightly, and wrap in aluminum foil.
4. Place them over the campfire, occasionally turning every few minutes. Leave them over the fire for about 10-15 minutes, then remove.
5. Unwrap, enjoy your breakfast, and have one awesome day.
- If you’re not planning on cooking them right away, the pre-wrapped burritos can also be stored in the fridge for a few days.
Hungry yet? Want to try these breakfast burritos on your next trip?