Paula came up with this recipe for all of us onion lovers. 🙂
Who loves a sweet Vidalia onion?
I know I do.
While you could use Vidalias for this recipe, you don’t have to.
Ingredients for Awesome Campfire Onions
This list of ingredients makes two servings. If you want more, just multiply!
- small piece of aluminum foil (enough to cover a grill grate)
- 1 large onion (peeled)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- garlic pepper to taste
Directions on Cooking the Onions
- place the peeled onion upright on a sheet of aluminum foil
- make several deep slices in the onion, being careful not to cut all the way through
- pour the melted butter over the onion
- sprinkle the onion with salt, seasoning, and pepper
- place the onion on the grill right over a hot campfire
- cook until the onion is soft (usually takes about 20 minutes depending on how hot the fire is and how far above the flames you place the grate)
That’s it! Now you can enjoy sweet, buttery onions with zero effort.
You could also cook these onions in your oven. Just bake them at 375° F for about 30-40 minutes.
Try the RV LIFE Pro Bundle FREE for 7 days
Love RVing? You'll Love RV LIFE Pro
It’s the wanderlust, the freedom of the open road. It’s not the destination, but the journey. It’s exploring the world. You don’t need a house because when you travel, you’re home. That’s RV LIFE.
The problem is, planning epic RV journey is somewhat complex. At RV LIFE, we believe it should be simple. As RVers ourselves, we understand the process and have helped millions of RVers journey with confidence and make their travel dreams come true.
RV Trip Wizard helps you plan the perfect trip and our RV GPS app turns your phone into an RV Safe GPS to get you there safely. Have a question about ANYTHING related to RVing, join the conversation at any of our awesome RV forum communities.
Step 1: Click here to learn more and sign up for the free trial.
Step 2: Plan your dream RV trip.
Step 3: Enjoy unforgettable memories!