Pumpkins are one of my favorite staples of the fall season. They can either be carved into some wicked designs for Halloween (like these camping-inspired ones), or they can be cut up for a variety of recipes, from pumpkin pie to pumpkin bread, and this warm, creamy soup that you can easily make in your RV.
Cooking soup in your RV (and just about anything) is easy with the help of a Crock-Pot (for tips, read this guide). There’s no complicated cooking, no extra hassle. You simply throw all of the ingredients in, leave it to cook for about 4-7 hours, and you’ll have a hearty bowl ready for you by dinner.
Youtube user Pippi Peterson made this easy-to-follow video to show how to make a warm bowl of pumpkin soup while on the road. Check it out!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A pie pumpkin (not to be confused with a carving pumpkin)
- Vegetable Broth
- Fennel seeds
- Ginger powder
- Ground turmeric
- Bay leaf
- White wine (optional)
- Cream (optional)
And how to make it:
- First, peel the pumpkin skin with a knife.
- Chop the pumpkin in half, and scoop out the seeds (to save and roast in the oven later on).
- Cut your pumpkin into large 1-inch chunks, and slice up your carrots.
- Throw all of your veggies into your Crock-Pot.
- Pour enough vegetable broth in to fully cover your vegetables.
- Then add in salt to taste, fennel seeds, ginger, turmeric, bay leaf, and up to a quarter cup of white wine.
- Put the lid on, and turn your Crock-Pot on. If you’re cooking in the morning to have it ready by dinner, turn your Crock-Pot on high. Or if you make it at night and plan on having it cook overnight, turn it on low.
- After about 4-7 hours, it should be ready to throw in the blender. Make sure to remove the bay leaf before you start blending.
- Once blended, your soup can either be poured back into the Crock-Pot to stay warm or into a large bowl. Add in cream (or coconut milk) to taste, and enjoy!
Read more about cooking in your Crock-Pot here.
Try the RV LIFE Pro Bundle FREE for 7 days
Love RVing? You'll Love RV LIFE Pro
It’s the wanderlust, the freedom of the open road. It’s not the destination, but the journey. It’s exploring the world. You don’t need a house because when you travel, you’re home. That’s RV LIFE.
The problem is, planning epic RV journey is somewhat complex. At RV LIFE, we believe it should be simple. As RVers ourselves, we understand the process and have helped millions of RVers journey with confidence and make their travel dreams come true.
RV Trip Wizard helps you plan the perfect trip and our RV GPS app turns your phone into an RV Safe GPS to get you there safely. Have a question about ANYTHING related to RVing, join the conversation at any of our awesome RV forum communities.
Step 1: Click here to learn more and sign up for the free trial.
Step 2: Plan your dream RV trip.
Step 3: Enjoy unforgettable memories!