Have you ever wondered what living in a small campervan is like? Do you worry that you won’t ‘fit’? Are you scared about taking the plunge?
Mike Hudson was in your position. He knew that he wanted to live in a van and travel more than anything. But like most people, he had a job and a regular life that was hard to leave behind. So he quit his job.
After he gave his one month’s notice to his boss, he didn’t know what came next.
I was just trusting new steps would appear before me once the current one had been completed, although I couldn’t really say this to my employer or colleagues.
Mike started to give away most of his possessions and bought a 10-year-old van on eBay. He didn’t like the way most ‘normal’ motorhomes or campers looked, so he came up with his own layout. You can read more about his van or check out all the pictures of the conversion on his website.
This is a short time lapse video he made to show you what it’s like to live inside a campervan.
More about Mike Hudson:
- His site, Vandog Traveller
- Facebook page
- Interview with Mike Hudson in his hometown newspaper
- Another story in CaravanTimes
How to make your own campervan:
- How to Build a Cargo Van Into Your Personal Stealth RV: Buying and Prepping Your Van
- How to Make Your Own Stealth RV Camper Van: Installing Flooring and Insulation
- Bring Your Van Camper to Life: How to Add Batteries and a Solenoid to Your Stealth RV
- How to Add a Bed to Your Stealth Van Camper. Don’t Underestimate the Importance of a Good Night’s Sleep.