Spring looks different around many parts of the country, but for most of us it means a lot warmer temperatures and beautiful wildflowers. Recently the US Department of the Interior posted some stunning images of spring around the United States.
While we’ll have to wait another year for spring to arrive again, at least we know it’s here now!
1. Wildflowers bloom at Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge.
2. A bear wakes from hibernation at Denali National Park.
3. A turtle hatches in the Mojave Desert.
4. The sand turns to flowers at Guadalupe Nipomo Dunes National Wildlife Refuge.
5. The sun sets on growing grass at Warner Wetlands in southeastern Oregon.
6. Bears play basketball at Katmai National Park in Alaska.
7. Shrubbery turns green at Badlands National Park.
8. Yellow poppies, blue lupine, and magenta common owl’s clover take over Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument.
9. Yosemite comes alive once again.
10. The Northern Lights give us one last glimpse before blending in with the summer sun.
I think I could look at photos of wildflowers in bloom all day long. And those bears playing with the basketball? Just too cute. Except I wonder how they got their paws on it…