Tiny house fans love their cozy little nooks for their simplicity and elegance. Unfortunately the unusual nature of these little homes poses a big problem for owners who want to take them places: towable tiny house models that you can license, insure and finance are practically non-existent.
This towable tiny house is like a typical RV — but maybe better!
Getting a state department of motor vehicle paper pusher, banker or insurance agent on board with a tiny house is tough if not impossible. But now there’s a towable tiny house that’s as hassle-free as any other RV and it’s even built to RVIA housing standards.
A towable tiny house with normal sized features.
Built by the eco-groovy, award-winning architects at Canoe Bay Resort in Wisconsin, the Escape Traveler towable tiny home is a stylish vacation cabin that can be driven down the highway by most standard pick-ups with a Class V hitch.
It’s not your typical eco-friendly tiny house.
Because the construction techniques are up to snuff by the RVIA, the Escape Traveler is insurable, finance-friendly and any state’s motor vehicle department will issue license plates for it.
- The basic model is 24′ long, 28′ including hitch. The XL version is 30′ long, 35′ with hitch
- There’s 269 square feet of living space in the basic model and 344 square feet in the XL
- Full-size kitchen appliances and bathroom fixtures, including a 60” tub/shower
- Large dining or work table, living area with fireplace and big screen TV
- Huge, soaring energy-efficient windows
- On-demand hot water, with a washer/dryer
- Sleeps up to six people on an upper sleeping loft with queen bed, second sleeping loft or attic. It also has a first floor double-bed.
- Climate controlled with minimal power consumption
- Off Grid options that include an incinerating toilet and solar power
Is your RV this nice inside?
And while it might look like it will tip the scales at the truck stop, it only weighs 10,000-13,000 lbs depending on the extras you buy.
The windows are energy-efficient and road worthy.
The craziest thing about this eco-friendly towable tiny house is that it actually costs less than some high end towable RVs! Expect to pay a base price of $65,400 for the standard Traveler, or up t$72,800 for the XL model.