Extreme RV can be used in many ways. But, to use the word extreme RV to describe these all terrain vehicles from Unicat is in my opinion an understatement.
This German company produces what they call “expedition vehicles” which I suppose is a fantastic way to describe an extreme RV if there is one at all. I think the quote from their website says it better than I ever could:
The body and everything in it is designed and built to withstand the most extreme terrain. They are built to withstand the rigors of safaris, be it in the desert, jungle or cold climates. Their purpose is similar to that of a yacht designed to cross oceans without failure. Other RV’s would break apart if they tried to follow a UNICAT.
Frankly, I believe them. My RV gets shaky with just a good gust of wind which makes my stress level “extreme”. The typical Unicat comes in around 6-8 tons depending on model and options. It also features a 500hp Mercedes engine.
It’s an incredible piece of engineering to say the least. All I can think about is pulling up into the RV park in this and watching the shock and awe develop as I drop my ATV out of the back and ride into town for some groceries.
It’s good to have dreams.
If my dream is your reality and you have $700,000 laying around it can be yours. Some of the key features are below.
Link to a video on CNN money regarding the Unicat.
Features of the Unicat Extreme RV:
- 60 mm thick double sealed doors with heavy duty locks with seal compression
- Additional retractable bolts at top and bottom of entrance door
- Burglarproof, scratch proof top hinged sidelights and windows with double insulated thermal window glass all electronically powered.
- U-shaped seating unit converts into additional double bed
- Separate shower and toilet room with doors
- Usable dry storage with radiator drying
- 3-flame stove
- Conventional oven with steamer
- Espresso maker
- 26 gallon fridge with freezer
- 3 wardrobes
- Aluminum exterior storage boxes
- Solar system
- Music system throughout with DVD player, satellite TV
- Freeze proof drinking water tanks with built in water filtration system
- Freeze proof waste water tank
- Removable sprayers on bath and kitchen faucets
- Central heating system
- Integrated air conditioner
- Integrated storage compartment for ATV in the back