But if you ask those of us who love to sit back and relax in the outdoors what’s the best thing about Spanish food, the answer is quite simple: camping sangria!
Traditional sangria contains pieces of fruit like oranges, lemons, limes, and apples, along with additional ingredients such as sugar, brandy, and liqueur. The fruit pieces soak up the alcohol and will definitely give you a buzz! (well most of us, that is…) If you drink sangria at a restaurant, it will usually be served in a big glass vase of some kind, already diluted and ready for drinking. Taking all this liquid to the campground could be hassle.
Here’s a way to make simple sangria concentrate for easy transport. You won’t need as many ingredients to make it, and a single jar of concentrate will provide more than a few servings of sangria.
How to Make Camping Sangria Concentrate
Angela came up with this killer recipe perfect for mobile sangria lovers.
What you’ll need:
- 1 mason jar with a secure lid
- 2 sliced peaches
- 8-10 sliced strawberries
- 1 cup of red or white grapes
- 1 bottle (750 ml) of red or white wine (cheap stuff is OK)
- 1 bottle (750 ml) of vodka (you don’t need this much though)
- 1 liter bottle of Fresca (other fruity sodas will work too)
Put it all together:
- add the peaches, strawberries, and grapes to the mason jar
- pour in enough vodka to fill the jar about 1/4 of the way up.
- fill the remainder of the jar with wine (don’t forget to cork the rest of the wine)
- securely fasten the lid of the mason jar, and place your sangria in the refrigerator to chill for a few hours
- bring the chilled sangria concentrate, along with the bottle of Fresca, with you to your campsite
- for each serving, fill a cup with a few pieces of fruit, a bit of sangria, and top with some Fresca!
Also take a peek at this three-ingredient camp sangria recipe for your next trip. So easy to make – and sooo delicious! 🙂
Try the RV LIFE Pro Bundle FREE for 7 days