The Benefits Of RV Step Covers
RV stairs are the typical way we get in or out of our motorhomes. The steps feature various clever designs that allow them to be folded out of the way during travel. All motorhome steps seem to have three things in common:
- They can be treacherous to navigate (especially before morning coffee).
- The steps can get dangerously slippery on snowy days.
- They are uncomfortable to step on in bare feet.
We’ve even heard of RVers having to end, take a break from, or postpone their RV travels after taking a bad landing from slipping on their motorhome steps. That’s no fun at all.
Why use RV step covers?
Step covers are a perfect way to make motorhome steps safer, without breaking the bank.
RV step covers are a must-have for your motorhome. Your steps can be made safer and more comfortable underfoot with RV step covers.
- Step covers are soft and more comfortable than bare steps underfoot.
- RV step covers give better traction than bare steps.
- RV step covers catch some of the “camping debris” on shoes before it can enter the RV.
- They are really easy to hose off and dry quickly.
What are the best RV step covers?
Step covers come in a range of sizes and colors to fit most RV steps. You’ll need to measure the width, height, and depth of the treads on your RV treads to get the right size for your steps. Be sure to note if the front edge of your step treads is convex or flat.
Choose step covers in a color you like or whichever one matches your motorhome perfectly. Below are some of the most popular RV step covers available on Amazon.
See what other RVers are saying
Forums such as iRV2.com and blog sites like RV LIFE, Do It Yourself RV, and Camper Report provide all the information you need to enjoy your RV. You’ll also find brand-specific information on additional forums like Air Forums, Forest River Forums, and Jayco Owners Forum.