The inside of your RV can tell quite a story.
The old adage “if these walls could talk” certainly applies. In many cases it says a lot about your habits (good and bad) and provides a window into your personality.
The example we have to show you today brings the ocean inside, creating a beach RV interior that will make it hard to believe there isn’t sand in your shoes.
With a run-down kitchen and bathroom in need of a lot of TLC, and a dinette that required a total rehab, the owners decided they needed to do something radically different.
So Trevor and Roni, of County Road J, renovated the interior of their Damon Astoria motorhome to look like a well-worn beach house!
Included in the Beach RV Interior:
- Custom wall design to incorporate a faux window with a beach view. Tropical beach with palm trees 24/7.
- A custom desk that sits under the faux window. It raises from desk height to waist tall when needed.
- Laminate countertops were replaced with granite surfaces.
- Replaced kitchen and bathroom sinks along with the faucets.
- Existing dinette was removed and custom version was built to fit the theme of a beach RV interior.
- Cabinet over the cab area was removed and rebuilt custom.
- Television was mounted on a wall with a articulating swing arm mount that moves easily for multiple viewing angles
- Installed custom cabinet knobs that look like marine boat cleats.
- Removed existing cabinet doors and replaced them with custom shaker style.
- Removed all wallpaper then primed and painted the walls
- Sourced an old sofa from family and had it reupholstered for the beach RV interior.
- Replaced many light fixtures with beach themed alternatives.
- Had a custom sign painted by their niece to be used as the backsplash in the kitchen.
- Replaced old window valences.
- Replaced wood trim on the slide out
- Added many different fishing, beach, and boat accessories throughout the interior
If you have spent any prolonged period of time in an RV, you start to realize how easy it is to ding, knick, and scratch the interior.
Perhaps the best feature of a Jimmy Buffett-style beach theme in an RV is that every scratch and scuff only adds to the décor!
Trevor and Roni decided to prime everything with a dark grey paint in anticipation of those inevitable imperfections.
They did incredible work on this beach RV renovation wouldn’t you say?
The quote from their blog says it all,
I love this décor. I used to wake up in the morning and walk toward the front and not be too impressed with my (interior) surroundings. Now I walk to the front and I’m happy. I’m much more comfortable living in my own style.
Their renovation only adds to the saying that, “It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see!”
Try the RV LIFE Pro Bundle FREE for 7 days