How To Find The Best RV Bed Sheets For Your Camper
Do you toss and turn a lot when sleeping in your RV? Do you constantly get too hot or too cold in the middle of the night, no matter where you’re camping? It may be time to upgrade your RV bed sheets.
Good bed sheets can make the difference between a sweaty, restless night and a peaceful night’s sleep. However, you don’t want to pick up just any set of RV bed sheets from the store. To start, it’s important to note what makes RV bed sheets different than the regular bed sheets you use at home.
How are RV bed sheets different?
The mattresses in most manufactured RVs are shorter and narrower than the regular beds in sticks-and-bricks homes. Most RV bed platforms have different dimensions as well.
RV bed sheets are specifically designed to fit the mattresses in most motorhomes and campers. They are produced in a wide range of sizes and a few different types of materials.
RV mattress sizes
The first thing to consider when shopping for RV bed sheets is your mattress size. Obviously, you will need different sheets for the bunk beds than your short queen or RV king in the bedroom.
These are the mattress sizes most commonly found in RVs. To ensure you get the best fit, it’s highly recommended to measure your RV bed for specific dimensions.
- RV twin beds: These are typically found in two sizes: measuring about 28 x 75 inches or 28 x 80 inches.
- Three-quarter size mattress: Many smaller campers use a three-quarter size mattress. These usually measure about 48″ x 75″.
- RV full or double – These are one of the most common mattress sizes in RVs. RV full or double beds measure about 53 x 75 inches. This is notably one inch smaller in width than regular full-size mattresses.
- Short queen: Another common size is the RV short queen. These are shorter, and much more common in RVs, than a regular size queen mattress. They generally measure about 60 x 75 inches.
- Regular queen: Though not as common, some RVs come with a regular queen size mattress. These are a bit larger at 60 x 80 inches.
- RV king: Many Class A motorhomes and larger fifth wheels have the luxury of a spacious RV king bed. The dimensions of RV king beds are usually about 72 x 75 inches or 72 x 80 inches.
- Bunk beds: Those traveling with kids or extra guests may need additional sheets for the RV bunk beds. These come in many different sizes depending on your RV. Some of the most common RV bunk bed dimensions include 28 x 75 inches, 30 x 75, 30 x 80, 34 x 75, and 35 x 79.
What is the best RV bedding sheet material?
The secret to buying the right RV bed sheets comes down to the material. You do not only want sheets that fit your RV mattress, but they should also be comfortable, breathable, and easy to clean. Those with sensitive skin may also want to shop for RV bed sheets that are hypoallergenic and antimicrobial.
These are some of the best bed sheet materials:
- Cotton is an affordable option that is comfortable year-round.
- Microfiber is soft, breathable, and easier to keep wrinkle-free.
- Egyptian Cotton is soft, luxurious, and durable.
- Bamboo is an excellent option during the warm months thanks to its thermoregulating properties. The material is light, breathable, and silky soft.
- Polar fleece is soft, warm, and cozy almost year-round. It’s also softer and more breathable than flannel sheets.
- Flannel sheets are one of the best options for winter camping.
Putting on RV bed sheets
Once you’ve narrowed down what type of RV bed sheets you want, it’s time for the challenge of putting them on. Author Chelsea Gonzales shares some great tips in this previous article on how to make an RV bed.
“If your mattress is a tight fit, you might find it easiest to tuck the excess into the crack using a dowel rod or even a wooden ruler,” She says. “This will save your fingers some pain and leave your bed looking as good as a hotel bed.”
Where to buy RV bed sheets
RV bed sheets are widely available at most big-box stores like Walmart, RV supply stores, and online from Amazon or RV Upgrades. The brand ByourBed makes a great variety of RV bed sheets in addition to their regular home bedding.
For a better night’s sleep, we recommend upgrading your RV mattress to an aftermarket option as well. Read about our favorite RV mattresses for quality sleep in this RV LIFE article.
Try the RV LIFE Pro Bundle FREE for 7 days
Love RVing? You'll Love RV LIFE Pro
It’s the wanderlust, the freedom of the open road. It’s not the destination, but the journey. It’s exploring the world. You don’t need a house because when you travel, you’re home. That’s RV LIFE.
The problem is, planning epic RV journey is somewhat complex. At RV LIFE, we believe it should be simple. As RVers ourselves, we understand the process and have helped millions of RVers journey with confidence and make their travel dreams come true.
RV Trip Wizard helps you plan the perfect trip and our RV GPS app turns your phone into an RV Safe GPS to get you there safely. Have a question about ANYTHING related to RVing, join the conversation at any of our awesome RV forum communities.
Step 1: Click here to learn more and sign up for the free trial.
Step 2: Plan your dream RV trip.
Step 3: Enjoy unforgettable memories!